Supreme Court Appealed Government to consider Merit for Higher Education not Reservation
Recently on 30th October, The highest court of India, Supreme Court (SC) has said, that the government should scrap all forms of Reservation in Institutes of higher education. SC of India also appealed to the state governments to take forward move and objective steps in this admission procedure via reservation.
According to the Highest bench of India, consisting of Justice Dipak Misra and PC Pant, the state and central government have not kept merit as a primary criteria for admission into higher education institutes, which is a major concerns of the Country. The Supreme Court has already sent multiple reminders regarding this issue.
Details for Supreme Court appeal from Governments on Resevation:
India is land of many Religions with community including reserved category on various basis. Supreme Court always try to solve the issurs with its Best Possible Decisions. Reservation often surpasses merit in higher education institutes and many deserving candidates have to sit out from the competition.
According to the Supreme bench, “The fond hope has remained in the sphere of hope. The said privilege remains unchanged, as if it is to compete with eternity.”
The following observation and comment was made in regard of the petitions:
- Challenging the eligibility criteria for admissions in various super specialty medical courses in Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Telangana.
- The criteria for admission in these states are that only candidates alone having domicile in the states can appear for the entrance examination.
Quoting two previous judgments of the Supreme Court where it has said,
- “There should really be no reservation” and
- “We hope and trust that the Government of India and the state government shall seriously consider this aspect of the matter without delay and appropriate guidelines shall be evolved”.
But, to utter dismay the reservation policy is still rampant in the country and even after 27 years since the Supreme Court has suggested to abolish the same, it has remained the same.
It must be the Major concerns of state government to maintain proper policy for Admission in Higher Education with an approved criteria of Reservation for Each student of such category.
Stay Connected with Results360 to get all Educational news & Results.
Subscribe with us via email & Follow us on Facebook for Govt. exam news.
- Esuvidha.info RTU Btech Main & Back Result 2022- Rtu 2nd, 4th, 6th & 8th sem Results 2022 - November 14, 2022
- University of Kalyani BA, Bsc, Bcom (General, Hons, Major) Result 2022- Kalyani University Part 1, 2, 3 Result 2022 - November 4, 2022
- MJPRU UG Result 2022 Part 1, 2, 3- MJP Rohilkhand University UG main Result 2022 Declared - October 6, 2022