IIT Delhi to Award the Highest Number of PhD Degree in One Year-IIT Delhi Conovcation
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi is a public University situated in Delhi, India. It is abbreviated as IIT Delhi or IITD. It is one of the Top IITs in India. Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, will award highest number of PhDs in one year at its 46th convocation ceremony. About 221 PHD degrees will be awarded in grand Ceremony.
A total of 1880 students will collect their undergraduate, post-graduate and PhD degrees. The IITD institute has also restructured its post-graduate curriculum and included, a variety of elective courses. The Reserve Bank chief, Raghuram Rajan will be the chief guest in the IIT Delhi convocation ceremony 2015. For more details & Convocation updates visit official website www.iitd.ac.in.
More Information for IIT Delhi convocation ceremony 2015 & Degrees Details:
IIT Delhi is one of the two educational institutes in India which have been listed in Quacquarelli Symonds’ (QS) list of top 200 global universities 2015. The number of students receiving PhD degrees is significantly larger than last year’s 178. This is consistent with the IIT-D’s stated objective of shifting focus away from producing graduates to producing good research. They hope to increase the number to 400 in the long term.
IIT-D Director Kshitij Gupta observes, “that is the way we can provide man power to the large number of institutions coming up including the new IITs, NITs and others.”
“Practically all have extreme shortage of teaching faculty and the major chunk of PhDs are from the IITs and Indian Institute of Science.”
The number of undergraduate degrees being awarded has increasing:
- From 714 in 2014 to 770 this year in 2015.
- And the number of post-graduate degreeswill be awarded to 889 students.
Dean, academics, Anurag Sharma explains, “redefined the credit to the post-graduates and included a component of self-learning.”
As a part of the second reform, students will have to pick one segment of “defined syllabus” on which they’ll be tested but without any delivery.
The IIT-D’s master-plan has just been approved; they have the go-ahead for a number of infrastructure additions such as:
- New hostels, a stadium, two major academic blocks and a science park on campus to promote startups.
- The estimated cost of the three science parks planned at its campuses at Hauz Khas, Sonepat and Jhajjar put together is about 400 crore.
- IIT hopes to get HRD funds for about 50% of it and will attempt to raise the rest through its own research, innovation and technology transfer branches.
- Currently, IIT-D has ‘units’ for about a dozen start-ups to “incubate” in but the park should provide for about a 100 more, explains Dean R&D, Suneet Tuli.
IIT Delhi is located in Hauz Khas, South Delhi area. The research facility that IIT-D was developing in collaboration with Mauritius- IIT-Research Academy. IIT-D took on 164 “sponsored research projects” in 2014-15 with a total value of Rs.153.77 crore – over twice that of 2013-14 Rs.68.65 crore.
Stay Connected with Results360 to get all Educational news & Results.
Subscribe with us via email & Follow us on Facebook for Govt. exam news.
- RTU Btech Main & Back Result 2023- Rtu 2nd, 4th, 6th & 8th sem Result 2023 - August 22, 2023
- Jkbose 10th Results 2023 Name Wise- J&K Board Class 10th/ secondary 2023 Annual Jammu Kashmir division Results 2023 Announced - June 19, 2023
- JKBOSE 12th Result 2023 name wise- Jammu Board Higher Secondary Part Two annual Regular result 2023 - June 12, 2023