Sanskrit and Indian Languages to get a boost under New Education Policy- says HRD Prakash Javadekar
Sanskrit is the primary sacred language in India. The body of Sanskrit literature encompasses a rich tradition of poetry and drama as well as scientific, technical, philosophical and religious texts. Recently, HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar said that, the New Education Policy would give a boost to all languages, including Sanskrit.
Details on the government’s policy to boost the development of all Indian languages:
As we all know, Sanskrit is one of the scoring subject and many students choose it to score good marks. Inaugurating an event under which the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan and other institutions would hold contests in schools to promote Sanskrit. Javadekar said, “The policy of the Indian government is that there should be development of all Indian languages.
Sometimes I feel, that more than the British, we have anglicized our country in the last 50-60 years. However, English too is a good language.” The previous commission had rightfully given a prominent place to Sanskrit in the New Education Policy, he said.
Here are points by HRD minister said on Sanskrit & Education Policy:
- “We are also moving towards New Education Policy- NEP and there was a debate in Parliament. Nobody opposed the development of Indian languages because through it we can promote our culture. All Indian languages have their speciality.
- Javadekar said, that universities all over the world have Sanskrit, high quality literature and works in it.
- Sanskrit is considered a scoring subject and many students choose it to score good marks.
- No matter what the motivation, it is good that it is being studied, said the HR minister.
The government has made public the draft of new education policy and has also asked feedback from all sections of the society. More than 3000 Sanskrit works have been composed since India’s independence in 1947.
Points to Note– Sanskrit is among the 14 original languages of the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution of India.
You can like our Results360 page on Facebook ➡ CLICK HERE
Subscribe with us via mobile or Facebook and get latest Education News:
- Esuvidha.info RTU Btech Main & Back Result 2021- Rtu 2nd, 4th, 6th & 8th sem Results 2021 - August 2, 2021
- WBSU Barasat University Gen & Hons Exam Result 2021- West Bengal State University ba, bsc, bcom, bba Part 1 Results 2021 Announced - July 14, 2021
- Aps University Result 2021- APSU B.Sc. III Sem (New) Exam Result Dec 2021 (New) & APS University Ba, Bsc Result 2021 Announced - April 23, 2021