President’s Address in 29th Convocation of GB Pant University of Agriculture & Technology
President of India Pranab Mukherjee visited Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Uttarakhand, where addressed the 29th convocation of GB Pant University of Agriculture and Technology. The President will also visit Pantnagar, and Udam Singh Nagar District. In this JB pant University convocation approximately 1300 student will be receiving their degrees and certificates.
The esteemed President addressed the students in the ceremony and said that “time is ripe for new measures for sustainable intensification of agriculture”.
GB Pant University is the first agricultural university of India. It was inaugurated by the first PM of India Lt.Jawaharlal Nehru on 17 November 1960 as the “Uttar Pradesh Agricultural University” (UPAU). Later the name was changed to “Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology” in 1972 in memory of the first Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, statesman and Bharat Ratna recipient Pandit Govind Ballabh Pant.
The University was declared as the best among all the other State Universities in India, in 1997. The University lies in the campus-town of Pantnagar in the district of Udham Singh Nagar in the state of Uttarakhand. The university is regarded as the harbinger of Green Revolution in India.
Details for 29th convocation of Pantnagar University are as follows:
The 29th convocation of Pantnagar University held on 17th November 2015, the foundation day of university.
Important Points by President Shri Pranab Mukherjee addressing students and the faculty:
- These include irrigation and continuous seed and breed improvement. Research needed to ascertain the dynamics of toxic elements in the soil-crop system and to develop appropriate mechanisms for bio-remediation for safe use of water.
- Steps to enhance water harvesting, water-use efficiency and conjunctive use of water are necessary.
- These would result in net increase in irrigation potential. Our policies must address water productivity in totality.Details of Students received the Degrees & certificates:
- In this JB pant University convocation approximately 1300 student will be receiving their degrees.
- About 44 students will be awarded with different medals, like Chancellor’s Gold Medal to one outstanding student.
- ViceChancellor’s Gold Medals to 15 students.
- Silver Medals to 15 Students and Bronze Medals to 13 Students.
- Seven students will be given cash price for different awards, like Dr. Ram Siromani Tewari Award, Choudhary Charan Singh Memorial Intellectual Award (2 no.),
- Smt. Saraswati Panda Gold Medal Award, Smt. Nagamma Shanta Bai Award, Sri Amit Gautam Award and Sri Puran Anand Adlakha Gold Medal Award.
Stay Connected with Results360.in for all Education updates & Exam Results.
Subscribe via Email or Follow us on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
- Aps University Result 2024- APSU B.Sc. III Sem (New) Exam Result Dec 2024 (New) & APS University Ba, Bsc Result 2024 - February 9, 2024
- Madras University Result 2023 name wise- Unom UG Results 2023-24 & Unom PG results 2023-24 College wise - January 17, 2024
- WBSU Barasat University Gen & Hons Exam Result 2023- West Bengal State University ba, bsc, bcom, bba Part 1 Results 2023 Announced - November 14, 2023