NIIT University Partners with PwC India to offer Master’s Programme in Cyber Security
NIIT University is a UGC recognized, Private university in Neemrana, India. NIIT has partnered with consultancy firm PwC India for creating a trained talent pool of cyber security professionals.
Under the partnership, academic experts from NIIT University (NU) and senior professionals from PwC India have co-created a two-year work-integrated specialised master’s programme in cyber security. NIIT Group chairman Rajendra S Pawar said, “Cyber security market is currently at US$1 billion and is expected to grow to US$35 billion by 2025.
More Details for NIIT University to offer master’s programme in cyber security:
Deepak Kapoor, chairman, PWC India said, “we currently have around 300 people in this practice and will need to increase it tenfold to about 3,000 people over the next 4-5 years”. The demand for skilled professionals in the space is very high coming from across industry sectors and government”.
- To expand India’s share in the segment from 1% to 10% by 2025 and create a trained base of one million certified and skilled cyber security professionals.
- In today’s digitised environment, securing our cyberspace has become a priority for businesses and citizens across the world.
- This calls for a team of trained professionals who can combat the challenges that are posed by hackers every day.
IT industry body Nasscom launched a cyber security task force in India.
- The programme, with course fee of Rs 4 lakh, will emphasise on security analytics, threat intelligence, industrial control system and vulnerability analysis.
- PwC India and NU will jointly select the candidates and provide expert faculty from within the firm and other industry practitioners for delivery of the programme.
- The consulting firm will also invest in training and development of the candidates who will be employed with PwC India after the programme.
- In the second year of the programme, PwC India will provide six months’ on-site training to the candidates.
- PwC India will pay the students a scholarship throughout the two years of the programme towards maintenance costs.
The first batch of the master’s programme in cyber security will commence in July 2016.
Cyber security course Applicants are required to:
- Have four years bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology in computer science,
- or, IT or master’s degree holders in computer science/IT/mathematics and statistics.
Keep Visiting Results360.in for all Education updates.
Subscribe via Email or Follow on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
- Esuvidha.info RTU Btech Main & Back Result 2022- Rtu 2nd, 4th, 6th & 8th sem Results 2022 - April 21, 2022
- WBSU Barasat University Gen & Hons Exam Result 2022- West Bengal State University ba, bsc, bcom, bba Part 1 Results 2022 Announced - March 29, 2022
- Jkbose 10th Results 2021 Name Wise- J&K Board Class 10th/ secondary 2021 Annual Kashmir division Results 2021 Announced - February 16, 2022