Kalinga University Keen to Open Tribal Schools in Telangana for Poor Families
Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (KISS) is the largest residential institute for the tribals in the world. Now, the Kalinga Institute of Social Science is keen on establishing a school for tribal students on the city outskirts and a proposal will soon be presented to the Telangana chief minister K Chandrasekhar Rao.
The KISS institute is a home to 25000 tribal children in Bhubaneswar. The founder of KISS,Achyuta Samanta said, “KISS is intends to provide holistic education by incorporating Telangana government’s KG to PG scheme scheduled to begin from next academic year.”
More Information on Tribal Schools in Telangana By KISS foundation:
To establish this Tribal institute, the KISS will seek an initial investment of Rs 15 crore. KISS is a sister concern of Kalinga Foundation which also runs the Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology University located at Bhubaneswar in the Indian state of Odisha. KISS providing accommodation, food, health care, education from Kindergarten to Post Graduation, vocational training and all other basic amenities of life absolutely free with a job after completion of education.
Addressing the media on Sunday, Samanta said, “In the proposal, we have sought land from the Telangana government on the outskirts of the city to provide free education along with residential facilities to tribal students.”
- KISS has been accorded special consultative status by the United Nations.
- KISS intends to provide education to 1,000 tribal students from class 1 to 8.
- KISS aims to provide free education to students belonging to below poverty line families in each district of the country.
- The institute will either follow curriculum by the state-government or the CBSE.
- The institute is also in talks with the Andhra Pradesh government for establishment of KISS.
- Also, to expand its operations in Jharkhand and Uttar Pradesh, informed Samanta.
Samanta also said, “During my last meeting with the chief minister of AP, Chandrababu Naidu, he had shown immense interest in setting up KISS in AP. This time, we plan to approach the government with a concrete plan”.
The main institute of KISS is situated in Bhubaneswar, where it accommodates and educates nearly 25,000 tribal students. The model of KISS is widely known and appreciated by the people in the society. They are spreading operations in other parts of the country, so that education eventually eradicates poverty among tribals.
Keep Visiting Results360.in for all Education updates.
Subscribe via Email or Follow on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
- Esuvidha.info RTU Btech Main & Back Result 2022- Rtu 2nd, 4th, 6th & 8th sem Results 2022 - April 21, 2022
- WBSU Barasat University Gen & Hons Exam Result 2022- West Bengal State University ba, bsc, bcom, bba Part 1 Results 2022 Announced - March 29, 2022
- Jkbose 10th Results 2021 Name Wise- J&K Board Class 10th/ secondary 2021 Annual Kashmir division Results 2021 Announced - February 16, 2022