44% of Mohali Residents are Graduates, Highest in India- Check The List for All Metro Cities
India is developing with a rapid speed. Education level is also growing with increase in schools and colleges. Recently, Mohali city has the distinction of having the highest share of graduates in its population among all Indian cities. Nearly 44% of its residents in Mohali are either graduates or above. Mohali is also known as Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar and it is the cricket venue near Chandigarh.
These details have been drawn from the data on educational levels of cities collected during Census 2011 and released recently. Another Chandigarh neighboring city, Panchkula, has the second highest share at 39%. Urban areas are hub of the educated middle class in the all over India.
More details on no. of graduates in Indian cities in 2015:
These survey are released with literacy rates in various cities. A total of 505 cities are included in this. The Census office follows its own methodology of classification which does not always harmonise with other authorities, or with common sense. One third of them stayed in rural areas, and the remaining in urban areas. They represent 45% of urban population of India.
- About 6% of India’s population were graduates or above in 2011.
- Urban Delhi is divided into New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC), the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD).
- Several census towns which would actually come under the jurisdiction of MCD, Delhi.
- Giant Mumbai Municipal Corporation, with 96 lakh residents are added.
- Greater Mumbai at 192 with about 19% graduates and above.
- Others cities in the top 10 list include Bidhan Nagar, (Salt Lake City), in Kolkata. The Kolkata city is itself at 79th place with 22%.
- Chennai clocks in at number 53, with about 24% of its population graduates or above,
- Also, Gurgaon in Haryana and Alandur in Chennai region are in top List.
- Jaipur in Rajasthan is among top 75 with quite good Literacy rates.
- Two cities from Uttarakhand, its capital Dehradun and the educational hub Roorkee, have moved up into the top rankings.
It is to be noted that, a large number of state government offices and institutions, with their employees staying nearby in Urban areas has more graduates.
Stay Connected with Results360.in for all Education updates.
Subscribe via Email or Follow on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
- Aps University Result 2022- APSU B.Sc. III Sem (New) Exam Result Dec 2022 (New) & APS University Ba, Bsc Result 2022 Announced - September 6, 2022
- Madras University Result 2022 name wise- Unom Ug Results 2022 & Unom Pg results 2022 College wise - September 5, 2022
- Jkbose 10th Results 2022 Name Wise- J&K Board Class 10th/ secondary 2022 Annual Jammu division Results 2022 Announced - July 14, 2022