Canada Witnesses Big Rise in Indian Students for Higher Education & Studies
Indian Students are moving towards western countries for Higher Studies. Most of the Students prefer USA, UK And Canada for the Best Education. In a Recent news, University of British Columbia sees 80% rise in applications from India. Almost 10% of UBC’s annual scholarship corpus picked up by Indian students. UBC and IIT-Delhi are having strong Education partnership.
Canada’s prestigious University of British Columbia (UBC) has seen an exponential increase in the number of Indian students over the last two years. The University has observed that Indian students are increasingly choosing Canada as preferred destination, where traditional choices have been academic hubs of US, UK and Australia. There are currently 500 students from India who are studying at UBC and the application forms of undergraduate programs have increased by over 80% in the last two years.
More Details for Indian Students in Canada for Higher Education:
The Indian ethnic group already forms the fourth largest from almost 12,000 international students at UBC. Large numbers of students opting for Business studies, Engineering and liberal arts. Speaking about the growing interest of Indian students in Canada and UBC in particular, Hakan Bjorn, Director of International Recruitment, University of British Columbia, said, “Canada has constantly claimed the titles of ‘best place to live’ and ‘best place to study”. This has had a huge impact on the student community in India. In the last decade, there has been a massive rise of around 357% in the number of Indian students enrolling in Canada growing from around 7,000 students in 2006 to 32,000 students in 2014″.
Reasons to Choose Canada as a education Destination are:
- Attractive scholarship program is big draw for Indian students. Almost 10% of all scholarships offered this year at UBC were made to Indian students, a total value of C$ 1.5 million.
- Additionally, students in Canada are eligible to obtain post-graduate work-permits for up to 3 years after the completion of a degree at UBC, which enables them to gain valuable work-experience in their field.
- UBC has exchange partnerships with University of Delhi and IIT-Delhi.Hakan Bjorn said, “Indian students are making a strong contribution to UBC’s international reputation growth and UBC is equally committed to students and families in India”.
And the University has created a full-time recruiter/advisor position based in India to help with guiding applicants and prospective students from India.
About UBC: The University of British Columbia founded in 1908 and one of North America’s leading universities. The Vancouver campus on Canada’s spectacular Pacific coast and the Okanagan campus located in BC’s scenic interior.
Undergraduate, postgraduate and professional programs- offered through 17 Faculties and 15 Schools – lead to internationally-recognized degrees in comprehensive fields like commerce & management, humanities & social sciences, engineering & computer science, visual & performing arts, physical sciences, life & health sciences, resources sciences, education, and more.
Stay Connected with Results360.in for all Education updates & Exam Results.
Subscribe via Email or Follow us on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
- PMST exam results 2021- Odisha Pathani Samanta Mathematics Scholarship Results 2021 Declared - April 9, 2021
- Esuvidha.info RTU Btech Main & Back Result 2021- Rtu 2nd, 4th, 6th & 8th sem Results 2021 - March 24, 2021
- Jkbose 10th Results 2020 Name Wise- J&K Board Class 10th/ secondary 2020 Annual Kashmir division Results 2020 Announced - February 26, 2021