No Interviews for Clerical Posts in PSB’s asked Finance Ministry to banks- Must Strengthen Written Exams
Finance Ministry of India has asked Public Sector Banks (PSBs) to strengthen written examination for Banking recruitment of clerical and sub-staff posts as there will be no interviews for such appointments.
According to PTI reports, the directive was given to the Chief Executives of all the 27 state-owned banks in India. The decision to change the recruitment process follows Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s directive that, “there was no need for holding interviews for lower level posts”.
The Department of Financial Services said, in a communication to Chief Executives of all the 27 state-owned banks that, PSBs in India may explore other alternatives to strengthen written examination such as by including psychometric tests, etc. to replace interview mechanism.
Information for No Interviews for Clerical and Sub-staff Posts:
The Banking sector is India is booming with huge growth. PSBs were asked to take “necessary action” to discontinue interviews in the recruitment process for the clerical and sub-staff posts by 31st December 2015.
- The Committee of Secretaries chaired by Cabinet Secretary in its meeting held in November had recommended discontinuation of interviews in PSBs for junior level posts.
- PM Modi had announced that from 1st January 2016, there would be no interviews for central government jobs in class 3 and class 4 categories.
- He had termed it as a “New Year Gift” to the youth and a major step to curb corruption.
- Department of Personnel and Training had said that skill test or physical test may continue as it is different from interview.
- However, the these tests will only be of qualifying nature. Assessment will not be done on the basis of marks for such tests.
In case of specific posts where a ministry or department wants to continue with interview as a process of recruitment, a detailed proposal seeking exemption has to be sent to the DoPT with the approval of the minister or minister in-charge. The ministries have been asked to send a consolidated report to the DoPT by 7th January 2016 in this regard.
Keep Visiting Results360.in for all Education updates.
Subscribe via Email or Follow on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
- PMST exam results 2021- Odisha Pathani Samanta Mathematics Scholarship Results 2021 Declared - April 9, 2021
- Esuvidha.info RTU Btech Main & Back Result 2021- Rtu 2nd, 4th, 6th & 8th sem Results 2021 - March 24, 2021
- Jkbose 10th Results 2020 Name Wise- J&K Board Class 10th/ secondary 2020 Annual Kashmir division Results 2020 Announced - February 26, 2021