India’s 1st Private Medical College to Celebrate 100 years: Check List of Oldest Medical Colleges in India
India’s first non-governmental medical college is going to turn 100. R.G. Kar Medical College and Hospital will celebrate its achievements with a formal function in December 2015. R. G. Kar Medical College and Hospital is medical school and hospital is situated in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. It is the first and oldest non-governmental medical colleges in Asia.
The event organizers said that, “we will hold the 83rd reunion and 100th anniversary celebrations onwards with scientific sessions and cultural programmes”. The Nilanjan Ghosh, organising secretary of the centennial celebrations of RGKMCH and an alumni, told the media about all the preparation made by the college committee.
More Details for R.G. Kar Medical College celebrating 100 years:
The R. G. Kar Medical College was established in 1886, when the Calcutta School of Medicine was set up by physician Radha Gobinda Kar, along with other doctors, after he returned from England with degrees in medicine. Now, RGKMCH is one of the premiere medical colleges in India.
List of the Oldest medical colleges in India:
JIPMER- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Edu. & Research,Pondicherry – 1823.
Calcutta Medical College & Hospital, Kolkata- 1835
Madras Medical College, Chennai – 1835
Christian Medical College, Vellore, India- 1900
King George’s Medical University, Lucknow – 1911
Now, there are many AIIMS established with all the advanced facilities in India. And, these AIIMS are recorganized world-wide.
In 1948, the name of the institute was changed to R.G. Kar Medical College and Hospital. Ten years later, the Bengal government took over the medical college. After several transformations and change of address, in 1916, Belgachhia Medical College was inaugurated by Lord Carmichael, then governor of Bengal.
- The renowned cardiologist Devi Shetty will speak on innovations in healthcare delivery.
- The concluding programme will be held on 23rd December.
- Among its other plans to spearhead full-fledged research, a virology research centre in works.
- A trauma care centre to come up with advanced facilities.Stay Connected with Results360.in for all Education updates.
Subscribe via Email or Follow on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
- WBSU Barasat University Gen & Hons Exam Result 2021- West Bengal State University ba, bsc, bcom, bba Part 1 Results 2021 Announced - July 9, 2021
- Esuvidha.info RTU Btech Main & Back Result 2021- Rtu 2nd, 4th, 6th & 8th sem Results 2021 - May 20, 2021
- Aps University Result 2021- APSU B.Sc. III Sem (New) Exam Result Dec 2021 (New) & APS University Ba, Bsc Result 2021 Announced - April 23, 2021