KKR offers Rs 390 Crore Debt Financing for Jain Education Trust in India
American private equity investor KKR & Co has signed a Rs 390-crore financing deal with Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College Education Trust, which manages higher education campuses in Bangalore. It is a Jain Group of Institutions providing various studies & courses.
The long-term debt financing from KKR marks the entry of marquee global investors into local education trusts, a space till recently dominated by traditional lenders. KKR India, through its NBFC unit, will help the Jain college education trust repair its balance sheet and fund expansion plans in Future.
Info about Rs 390 crore Financing to Jain Education Trust by the US Company:
- The Chenraj Roychand-backed Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College Education Trust has expanded the campuses aggressively in recent years on debt financing.
- The 25-year-old Jain Group of Institutions operates 85 educational institutes with 51,600 students and 6,450 employees.
- Providing education at the K-12, undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- The trust has incubated more than 50 ventures and 100 entrepreneurs as part of its efforts to promote innovation in campuses.
KKR & company has extended debt financing to mid-market Indian entrepreneurs seeking capital to expand businesses. It runs separate units for private equity and real estate investments.Sector experts said KKR’s financing deal is a significant development that will be closely tracked by industry peers.
India’s education sector, mostly run through trusts, has presented both opportunities and challenges for investors. Most global investors stayed away from the sectors because of the not for profit trusts, which controlled the campuses.
Keep Visiting Results360.in for all Education updates.
Subscribe via Email or Follow on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
- WBSU Barasat University Gen & Hons Exam Result 2021- West Bengal State University ba, bsc, bcom, bba Part 1 Results 2021 Announced - July 9, 2021
- Esuvidha.info RTU Btech Main & Back Result 2021- Rtu 2nd, 4th, 6th & 8th sem Results 2021 - May 20, 2021
- Aps University Result 2021- APSU B.Sc. III Sem (New) Exam Result Dec 2021 (New) & APS University Ba, Bsc Result 2021 Announced - April 23, 2021