Digital Classrooms to Impart Performing Arts Education- Announced by Ministry of Culture, India
Art Education is an important part of education. Now, Art education lessons will no longer be a monotonous interaction between teachers and students in classrooms. An exclusive online platform “Virsa”, was launched recently with an aim to give free digital learning on Indian culture and music to children across India.
A Delhi-based NGO Routes2Roots in association with the Ministry of Culture, India launched India’s largest interactive digital learning platform “Virsa” to promote and preserve India’s rich cultural heritage and legacy of Performing Arts and Music.
More details on Digital Classrooms to impart performing arts education by “VIRSA”:-
The digital turn in education has been described across a wide range of initiatives and processes. Tina Vachani, Co-founder of Routes2Roots said, “Virsa will operate through live videos recorded by renowned teachers at our studio in Delhi. That way, kids will have a chance to attend live sessions in various parts of the country.
- Virsa will help them identify their talent by organising workshops”.
- During our visit to various schools, we found that many schools did not cater to any musical classes at all.
- We felt that this dying culture of Indian performing arts must reach children in schools across India.
- Now children will be exposed to the cultural legacy of India in addition to academics thereby completing their outlook as a balanced individual.
Workshops and lectures in different genres will be delivered by renowned artists like Pandit Birju Maharaj, L. Subramaniam, Kavita Krishnamurthy, Shovna Narayan, Shafquat Amanat Ali, Juhi Chawla, Ehsaan Noorani and Surinder Lal Malik.
During the launch of VIRSA, Kathak maestro Birju Maharaj said, “There will be a huge responsibility to explain everything nicely to the kids. We hope to connect with children in remote areas,”
A total of 21 schools from Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Delhi, Rajasthan, Bihar, West Bengal, Meghalaya, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Gujarat have got their classrooms equipped with monitors, cameras and wifi connectivity.
Subscribe with us via email or Facebook for latest Results & Educational News.
- Dibrugarh University TDC Results 2021 by name- Dibrugarh University Ba, Bsc and Bcom Results 2021 - July 9, 2021
- Sambalpur University Results 2021- Sambalpur University +3 3rd year (Arts, Science, Commerce) Result 2021 at suniv.ac.in - June 9, 2021
- JNTUK kakinada Mba results- JNTUK MBA 4th Sem (R13,R09) Regular/Supply Results 2021 Declared - May 3, 2021