85 Lakh Students Benefited from Scholarship Schemes in India
The Government of India, and its various departments like Education department, Department of Science & Technology and the Department of Atomic Energy, have initiated a number of scholarships for school-level as well as college-level study. Recently, in Rajya Sabha it is informed that, “over 85 lakh students have benefited from scholarship schemes meant for the youth from the minority communities during the last fiscal year”.
Speaking on Scholarship in India, Union minister of state for minority affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said this in Rajya Sabha in reply to questions pertaining to measures taken by the government on such scholarship schemes.
More Details for scholarship schemes for Minorities & others in India:
The Scholarship in Education is beneficial to all students. According to the ministry, government’s pre-matric, post-matric and merit-cum-means based scholarships benefited a total of 74,96,593, 9,05,818 and 1,38,770 students (totaling 85,41,181) respectively during that fiscal year.
Mr. Naqvi said, the government runs multi-media campaigns to spread information about the drive for the awareness of students from minority communities.
- He said from 2015-16, students can apply online to seek benefits under the three schemes and added the scholarships are required to be disbursed under direct benefit transfer (DBT) mode to bank accounts of youngsters.
- Moreover, students can submit self-declaration/self-certification and self-attested copies of documents in respect of religion certificate, annual family income, mark sheets, etc.
- Periodic regional reviews are undertaken with state government and Union Territories administrations in addition to regular video conferencing.
Keep Visiting Results360.in for all Education updates.
Subscribe via Email or Follow on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
- MJPRU UG Result 2021 Part 1, 2, 3- MJP Rohilkhand University UG main Result 2021 Declared - September 3, 2021
- Esuvidha.info RTU Btech Main & Back Result 2021- Rtu 2nd, 4th, 6th & 8th sem Results 2021 - August 2, 2021
- WBSU Barasat University Gen & Hons Exam Result 2021- West Bengal State University ba, bsc, bcom, bba Part 1 Results 2021 Announced - July 14, 2021