World’s Largest Lesson Programme with Children Launched by Sonam Kapoor on Teacher’s Day
The “Worlds’ Largest Lesson India” is a unique initiative which aims to teach every child in India – nearly 360 million– a lesson about the United Nations Global Goals for Sustainable Development. Recently, Bollywood Actress Sonam Kapoor joined Gems Education, UNICEF, Reliance Group and the Global Goals Campaign to launch the World’s Largest Lesson India programme on the occasion of Teacher’s day here on Monday. The actress says that a proper education can build a great future and lead a child to imbibe good qualities.
More details for World’s Largest Lesson Programme with Children:
This lesson programme was intially Launched in September 2015 and lessons have taken place in 160 countries. The materials included lesson plans, comic books and an animated film introduced by Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai, tennis champion Serena Williams and international football star Neymar Jr. In India, the World’s Largest Lesson reached an estimated 3 million children who watched an animation film on the Global Goals.
UNICEF Executive Director Anthony Lake said that:
- The initiative will do more than teach children about the global goals.
- It will engage them in the effort to achieve those goals– educating them about the challenges.
- Shaping child’s futures and encouraging them to drive change in their own communities.
- Young people can help achieve the global goals by holding their leaders accountable for the promises they are making – and by holding themselves accountable for building a better future for everyone.
On the occasion of Teachers Day 2016, 250 eminent educationalists, UN Global Goals champions, members of civil society, UN bodies, corporates, youth groups, students, teachers and one of the esteemed ambassadors of the World’s Largest Lesson, Indian actor Sonam kapoor, gathered at the GEMS Academy here to launch The World’s Largest Lesson India chapter.
Speaking at the occasion, Sonam said, “I am somebody who is very regretful of the fact that I didn’t finish my school after 12th grade. I went to university and I am trying to finish that right now. At the age of 30, I am trying to finish my under grade,” she told while interacting with members present during the launch and with kids. She also feels that as an actor, its her responsibility to give the right message to the people.
You can like our Results360.in page on Facebook ➡ CLICK HERE
Subscribe with us via mobile or Facebook and get latest Education News:
- BSEB 12th result 2021 name wise Live- Bihar Inter result 2021 roll code Arts, Science & Commerce Available - April 5, 2021
- WBUTTEPA Results 2021- West Bengal Wbuttepa B.Ed 1st & 2nd Sem Result 2021 - March 17, 2021
- IIT Jee Mains Result Feb 2021 – Jee mains score 2021 feb session, Jee cut off marks - March 9, 2021