Indian President Calls for Joint Action for 100% Literacy in India- Saakshar Bharat and Swachh Bharat
Saakshar Bharat and Swachh Bharat are two sides of the same coin and there cannot be one without the other says President Pranab Mukherjee. He called for joint action by government and private bodies to achieve 100% literacy in the country. President said many times people who aren’t literate show more dedication than formally educated lot.
President of India was addressing at an event on the occasion of International Literacy Day on 8th September. “Swachh Bharat, Saakshar Bharat are the two sides of the same coin. I cannot have Swachh Bharat (Clean India) without Saakshar Bharat (Literate India)“. He emphasised on literacy, cleanliness, environmental consciousness, responsibility to the neighbours, inculcating core civilisational values – are closely related and run parallel.
More Details on President concern about Saakshar Bharat and Swachh Bharat in India:
In his speech, President Mukherjee said though much progress has been made, still the country has a “substantial” number of illiterate population of the world.
- India is growing at a faster pace. He mentioned the passing of the Right to Education Act a “crucial” step.
- Taking note that a large number of people are still illiterate in the country, the President called for a “joint action” involving government.
- NGOs, local bodies, volunteers etc so that “tremendous momentum” can be generated and 100 per cent literacy can be achieved.
Agreeing with Education Minister Prakash Javadekar, who had spoken before him, President Mukherjee said that ‘each one, teach one‘ can go a long way in achieving this goal.
The President said apart from being a teacher, he has also been a literacy activist. Earlier, Mr Javadekar said the Narendra Modi government’s mantra is “reaching the unreached” and added that literacy is a great step towards empowerment. He said financial, legal and electoral literacy are also of key importance. Mr Javadekar emphasising on the importance of involving community in efforts to create literacy to attain better results.
Notable Point:- At the event, the President also conferred Saakshar Bharat Awards 2016, for contributions to the “literacy movement”.
You can like our Results360.in page on Facebook ➡ CLICK HERE
Subscribe with us via mobile or Facebook and get latest Education News:
- RTU Btech Main & Back Result 2023- Rtu 2nd, 4th, 6th & 8th sem Result 2023 - August 22, 2023
- Jkbose 10th Results 2023 Name Wise- J&K Board Class 10th/ secondary 2023 Annual Jammu Kashmir division Results 2023 Announced - June 19, 2023
- JKBOSE 12th Result 2023 name wise- Jammu Board Higher Secondary Part Two annual Regular result 2023 - June 12, 2023