Key Features of AICTE Review Committee Recommendations Implemented in 2015
The Human Resource Development Minister, Smriti Irani on 7th December, told Lok Sabha that some of the AICTE review committee recommendations have been implemented. The recommendations were made by the M K Kaw Committee on the present status of AICTE and how to restructure and reorganize it for better performance in future prospective.
AICTE is It is assisted by 10 Statutory Boards of Studies. The AICTE comprises ten bureaus. AICTE is authority for planning, formulation and maintenance of norms and standards.
Key Highlights on All India Council for Technical Education recommendations:
The All India Council for Technical Education is the statutory body and a national-level council for technical education, under Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, India.
Mrs. Smriti Irani said that, “recommendations were implemented on the basis of the opinions obtained from experts and the public”.
- There should be a provision for undergraduate students to undergo internships.
- It has also recommended that third party rating should be used as the parameter of regulations. AICTE should improve the functioning of the sub-standard technical institutions with the help of senior faculty drawn from higher technical institutions.
- The Ministry has launched National Institutional Ranking Framework on September 29 to empower a large number of Indian institutions to participate in the global ranking and create a significant impact national and internationally.
- For vocational education, all technical institutions have been an active participant in adopting the choice based credit system, which allows transfers of credit between institutions and universities.
- Ministry is formulating SWAYAM, a platform to deliver high quality Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs), free of cost, covering all subjects from the school level to higher education level, including the technical education .
- AICTE should be converted into a constitutional autonomous apex authority and should focus on research, innovation, business startups and patenting.
Keep Visiting with Results360.in for all Education updates & Results.
Subscribe via Email or Follow us on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
- Madras University Result 2023 name wise- Unom Ug Results 2023 & Unom Pg results 2022 College wise - January 20, 2023
- Esuvidha.info RTU Btech Main & Back Result 2023- Rtu 2nd, 4th, 6th & 8th sem Results 2023 - January 9, 2023
- MJPRU UG Result 2022 Part 1, 2, 3- MJP Rohilkhand University UG main Result 2022 Declared - December 8, 2022