CBSE Schools in India to Observe International Day of Persons with Disabilities
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has asked all the affiliated schools in India to observe International Day of Persons with Disabilities (IDPD) and hold multiple activities on 3rd of December to help students develop an empathetic understanding towards everyday challenges faced by children with disability in their personal, social, and academic life.
3rd December is observed as the “International Day of Persons with Disabilities” and it is an international observance promoted by the United Nations since 1992. It has been celebrated with varying degrees of success around the planet.
More Details for IDPD Celebration in CBSE schools:
In a circular passed by CBSE, to all heads of affiliated institutes by DT Sudharsan Rao, CBSE, Joint Secretary and incharge (Academic and Training), schools have been asked to hold multiple activities on Thursday. The observance of this Day aims to promote an understanding of disability issues and mobilize support for the dignity, rights and well-being of persons with disabilities.
Details for the Activity for students on the IDPD in the schools:
- The theme of IDPD this year is “Inclusion matters: access and empowerment of people of all abilities“.
- CBSE has directed schools to conduct activities reflecting this theme to create awareness about the role of inclusive education in reducing discrimination and providing equitable opportunity and access for all.
- The activities to be held include slogan writing on ‘Prevention of Discrimination-Equitable Opportunities‘ and poster making on ‘Empowerment for persons with disability’ for class 6th to class 8th.
- Cbse Students in class 9th and 10th will participate in an elocution on ‘Human rights and disability‘ and perform a street play titled ‘Participation of persons with disability in building a nation’.
- For senior students in Std 11th & Std 12th, a debate on ‘Inclusion vs marginalization‘ and essay writing on ‘Disability provisions in India’ will be held.
- The initiative by CBSE to hold such activities will help in sensitizing students that the kids with disability are merely differently-abled and are as much talented as others”.
CBSE has directed for the conduct of activities reflecting the theme of 2015 to create awareness about the role of inclusive education in reducing discrimination and providing equitable opportunity and access for all.
Stay Connected with Results360.in for all Education updates & Results.
Subscribe via Email or Follow us on FB & Twitter for latest Educational news.
- Madras University Result 2023 name wise- Unom Ug Results 2023 & Unom Pg results 2022 College wise - January 20, 2023
- Esuvidha.info RTU Btech Main & Back Result 2023- Rtu 2nd, 4th, 6th & 8th sem Results 2023 - January 9, 2023
- MJPRU UG Result 2022 Part 1, 2, 3- MJP Rohilkhand University UG main Result 2022 Declared - December 8, 2022